The different types of projects in SAP that are involved are
- Implementation / Development Project
- Support and Maintenance Project
- Roll Out Project
- Upgradation Project / Migration Project
- Enhancement project
Tip: It is one of the important question that are asked during the real time interviews for freshers and experienced candidates.
It is a pure development of the project, where we map and design client business requirements in the SAP system for the first time by using ASAP methodology.
- The duration of the implementation project can be – 6 to 24 Months depends on company.
After successful implementation of SAP for the client, next is to provide the support and maintenance to the client for day-to-day business transactions. The important roles and responsibilities in the Support project are
- Issues and errors resolution
- Provide assistance to the users during the month and year-end activities
- Configuration in existing system as per requirements of a client.
We can two types of supporting projects i.e.
- Ticket Based Support : In this project, we support to the clients companies based on the Tickets
- Production Support: The support team will be available by 24/7 for support in production system.
Company is already using SAP, but they want to implement SAP for another country/plant or legal entity based on the existing country. Roll Out project can implement
- To follow a unique method of transactions recording
- To generate consolidated financial statements within the SAP system.
The different types of Rollout projects are
- Country Rollout: In this Rollout project, we will copy the data from the existing company to a new country.
- Company Code Rollout: In this project, we will copy the data from an existing company to a new company.
It involves upgrading from the old version to the new version of the SAP system. The duration of upgrade project can be For Example: – Migrating from SAP ECC Systems to the S4Hana system.
It also involves the implementation of new functionalities like
- Implementation of New G/L Accounting functionality
- Adapting Material ledgers, etc.
In this SAP Project, we will add the additional features and modules in the existing data. For e.g. Implementing GST (Goods and Service Tax) to the existing Tax.